Saturday, February 28, 2009

Feb 28, 2009

Today I have tried to do some menu planning for the week. This should help me make really good choices. It isn't always easy for me to follow the rules. So perhaps a bit more planning will reduce my chances for slips :) Obviously, I slip a lot when following diets or I wouldn't have needed such a drastic measure. Let's face it...will power and discipline is something I lack. I think none of us would be here (in the study) if we could have said "NO" more often to poor food choices and "YES" to smaller portions and healthier meals. It seems that everyday is a constant struggle when dealing with obesity....we have to eat no matter what. It isn't like we are alcoholics and can choose never to drink again. We need food to live.
All the diet programs in the world have failed for me. Or rather, I have failed them. I always do well in the beginning and lose weight and then I just seem to stop trying (caring?). I regain the weight and then some. It seems I had to stop dieting just to stabilize my weight. I just began to accept the fact that I may never be at a "normal" body weight. I have no health problems (other than being over weight)...low blood pressure, low cholesterol, no diabetes, no medications for anything....I am just fat.
When I came across the study, it seemed to be a great opportunity for me to get the right kind of help to control my weight and eating. I knew that I was healthy now but as I got older, the excess weight would begin to negatively impact my body. It was time for me to act...Carpe Diem!
Health really became important for me after helping my brother through his long battle with colon cancer. And even more important now that my father is terminally ill at 59. Your body is all you have...keep it healthy, feed it right and LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment