Friday, February 27, 2009

Feb 27, 2009

I did it! I lost 10lbs! Couldn't believe it...yeah! I really was surprised....pleasantly!
So my follow up was pretty brief and quite easy. I absolutely forgot to ask all the questions I wanted...I was too dumbfounded from my TEN POUND WEIGHT LOSS!
One thing I was told is that the people who received the surgery lost about 20 lbs in the first month...so if I lost 10 in 2 weeks, does that mean I had the procedure??? HMMMM?
One little thing I discovered kinda by accident was a diet version of the banana split. I cut up 6 strawberries, some banana and pineapple topped it with a few squirts of redi-whip and drizzled it in chocolate syrup (1 tbsp) and sprinkled walnuts over everything. IT WAS DELICIOUS and under 300 calories and little fat.
I also discovered ground turkey mixed with salsa (1 lb to 1 jar) lay on a bed of lettuce, top with cheese and sour cream (uncrunchy taco salad). If you need the crunch, use 2 taco shells (120 calories instead of high fat high calorie tortilla chips). I sometimes add refried or plain black beans. Good stuff!
I am trying to change my mind about food, be accountable by tracking what I eat and moving my overinflated booty :) By the way, if you hate exercising, try Wii Fit! It is FUN! It is an investment (I bought mine off craigs list and saved $) I also bought a Learn to Salsa Dance video. So far it's working. If the TOGA is only 1 leg in my tripod of success, then I must incorporate the other 2 legs...diet and exercise. Without them, the tripod will not work!

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding.... I don't mean to be harsh on you but this procedure was not suppose to be taken lightly or follow the terms unless you don't want to. If I am not mistaken your procedure was 15 or 16 days ago and your already eating bread and meat? The paper work clearly reads NO bread, tortillas and pancakes for 6 months. Why are you taking this so lightly? Why chance popping your staples if you've had it done or not? I had the procedure 5 days ago and yes I am trying to figure my feelings of hunger and discomfort out but I have already lost 12 lbs. Give yourself the chance you deserve and go by the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    You provide and interesting perspective. Please share more about how the TOGA experience has changed you. I will be starting my journey as of March 2nd and I am mentally thinking out my pathway. I am eager to hear more about your perspective and approach to this clinical trial.

    ReplyDelete