Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day Three....Feb 14th, 2009

Ok....I am now convinced I have had the surgery. I turned down a mini chocolate cupcake with butter cream frosting...didn't even want it! Believe me, that is the FIRST time EVER that that has happened! Proof Positive!
This morning, I tried a scrambled egg with some cheese and half a piece of toast. Could not believe that I was satisfied with such a small amount of food but I was. A typical weekend breakfast, prior to surgery, was a 2 egg loaded omelette, 2 pieces of toast, 4 pieces of bacon and a glass of OJ. It seems like this is about 2 days worth of food for me now! I didn't eat anything else until dinner because I was not hungry!
I have a social engagement tomorrow which requires me supplying food for 8 people. My brother in law bought a new house so some members of my family are heading out to help him and check out his new digs. I have decided to make "walking tacos". So tonight I prepared all the meat and put all the toppings into containers. Well...I went ahead and made one for myself for dinner and I couldn't believe that one was actually too much for me. I was stuffed! PTS (prior to surgery), I could have eaten 3 or 4 (5?) with out hesitation! The stuffed feeling I felt after the taco was very uncomfortable. It took a while after I had finished for me to feel so stuffed and I have to admit I was nervous. What if I had eaten too much and popped something outta place???? I have heard of people starting to stretch the area too quickly and tearing the staples...hope that doesn't happen. I have to really watch what amount of food I take in and probably slow it down a bit. It really is becoming apparent that I have to make these changes for real!

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy for you!!!! I know how bad you wanted this, and I think it would be very frustrating going through all of that and not getting the actual surgery for another year. And Wow, turned down a butter cream frosted cupcake!!! I don't think I've ever done that :)

    ReplyDelete