Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb 23, 2009

This is soooo exciting....people are finding my blogs and following them. I hope people who are in the study will create blogs for me to follow as well.
I have been away for a few days and had no internet so I will try to sum everything up for you. It has been a challenge. I can most assuredly eat more than they say which has me questioning whether or not I have had the procedure. It isn't like I am overeating like I used to, I just keep comparing my portions to that of someone who has had a gastric bypass. I have a follow up on Friday and will check with them regarding realistic portion sizes.
Today, my sister and I had dinner with my brother and his 2 sons. We went to Culvers and I was able to eat a butter burger deluxe (double) and half my fries. I was full, but it seems to me like a lot of food. Normally, I would have ate all the fries and chased it with something sweet :0
One thing I am struggling with is not having a job....I have been unemployed since Jan 6 and all this free time makes me somewhat bored...being bored leads to thoughts of food....thoughts of food leads to compulsions which turn to cravings and I cave in every time! I am really trying to make a conscience effort to do the right things but it isn't always easy. Food is just too good :)
We have all heard it before.."nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" ... "eat to live, don't live to eat". Easier said than done. But isn't everything worthwhile?

I am working on a pic and once I weigh in on Friday, I will post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment