Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feb 25, 2009

ARGHHHH! I am getting frustrated! I think I have gained 2 lbs! What is going on?? I am really trying to eat less and eat better. Today I consumed 1 slice of bread for breakfast (dry) on my way out the door to a job interview (which went GREAT!) I had 1 cup of spanish rice and a slice of french bread (dry)...dinner was a turkey burrito with salsa and dessert was a cup of sliced up fruit (1/2 banana, 3 strawberries, handful of grapes, some chunks of pineapple and walnuts) and 1 lindor truffle! My caloric intake was under 1300 (yes I am counting! yes I am measuring).
Am I expecting too much to soon? Perhaps....I have my follow up on Friday and will be sure to address all my concerns and follow up in my blog.
I understand that stress plays a big part in hindering weight loss. Lord know, I am under a tremendous amount of stress...especially this past year. My brother was diagnosed with Stage 3c (later upgraded to Stage 4) colon cancer at the ripe old age of 41. He has been in chemo for nearly a year and just finished...we are awaiting more test results and further scans to let us know if he still has detectable cancer cells. (say a prayer for him please) It has been a huge struggle for my family. My father was just diagnosed with Stage 4 Glioblastoma Multiforme (terminal brain cancer) at age 59 in Dec and they gave him 12 months with successful treatment. Both my sister and I have lost our jobs and money is sooooo tight! BUT we are exactly where we are suppose to be right now...helping our father and brother. My sister turned into my fathers executive assistant while I went on a quest to cure brain cancer. Did you know that the venom from a Golden Israeli scorpion can act like a smart bomb and target the glioma and halt it's growth? Who knew? My Dad just received his final radiation treatment and he cannot receive anymore...ever. this is the problem. Surgery did not remove all of the tumor and what is remaining will continue to grow and he will die from cerebral edema. One of the drugs he is on was just in a clinical trail and is now standard treatment for brain tumors.
Anyways, I know that with everything I have had going on it has been easy to put myself last. If I have learned anything from my family's troubles, it is that we have to take care of ourselves FIRST.....we are no good to anyone if we are not healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment