Tuesday, March 17, 2009

1 Month Weigh In....

Today I went in for my 1 month (actually 5 week) weigh in. My results...nothing, zip, zilch, nada!
I neither lost nor gained any weight. Very frustrating but my fault completely. I haven't exercised more than 3 times in 2 weeks and have fallen into some old familiar patterns. Right after surgery (?) I was counting calories and measuring food and logging it everyday. But for the past 2 weeks I haven't been quite as committed. Today was definitely a wake up call to get back on track and really try to make permanent and positive changes.
I was told by the doctor today that IF the study proves to be successful (significant weight loss and little complications) and if I still meet the criteria (?)then I would have the opportunity to receive the procedure IF I was a member of the control. This wasn't really news to me but for the first time it dawned on me that there is a chance that the TOGA could fail as a new method for weight loss surgery. I never really considered that the TOGA may not be approved. I would hate to think that I went through all of this for nothing. After I told the doctor that I was convinced that I did not have the actual surgery he said that I shouldn't be so sure because some people who have had the surgery are positive they have not and some people who have not had the surgery are sure that they have. Is this some kind of psych out? Mind over Matter thing? Perhaps, but I can only go by what I feel and how my body has responded.
So, if every cloud has a silver lining what is the positive in this situation? Weight loss? Eating better? Accountability? Maybe....

2 comments:

  1. You know, by not following any of the post-procedure guidelines, you may be a reason why the surgery wouldn't be approved. I hope you have admitted your eating choices to your study nurse, because you are not taking the surgery seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to diagree with the other commenter. These are things that should be addressed with the nutritionist, and or the study nurse. They need to know if the procedure is going to help tame hunger or not.

    ReplyDelete