Sunday, February 28, 2010

17 days until I have the procedure...yea?

Well it has been far too long since my last post and boy have things changed. My brother died Dec 10th and my father died 11 days ago. It has been a very long and difficult yet oddly rewarding experience. My focus can now shift from them to me and my goal in trying to get healthy and stay healthy so I do not suffer the fate that my brother and father endured. Their death will certainly not be in vain. I need it to make sense because if it doesn't I feel as if all hope may be lost. Basically, my coping mechanism is too try to give meaning to their lives and deaths. It is necessary for me to learn and recognize that if I don't implement a change and fast that history is bound to repeat itself. I will not suffer the same fate...it is too unfair.
With that being said, I had my "reveal" with the TOGA study and I DID NOT have the procedure. Surprise...not. I am actually glad that I was not chosen to have it at that time because I have researched a lot about the results of the study and I can tell you that mistakes were made and protocols were changed to remedy them...all good. I feel very comfortable moving forward and having the real TOGA because I am ready to commit to this. I have purchased a BODY BUGG and joined Gold's Gym. The BUGG is truly a revolutionary must have item for all people who want to lose weight. I had no idea how many calories a day I needed to burn to lose a pound but now I do. It is very cool to see how active you are or aren't during the day and how your body operates and burns calories.
If anyone is still following my blog...drop me a comment :)

2 comments:

  1. I am in the toga study too. Just got my reveal on February 26th and found out I didn't have it either. I had lost about 41lbs but had gained about 10lbs back. So I'm planning on getting the toga on April 5. Good Luck and Can't wait to hear more about your toga surgery.
    Vironica
    Columbia,Mo
    start weight 265/weight now 231

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm from Columbia,Missouri and I was also in the Toga trail. I was the control too. I'm going to go ahead and get the toga on April 5th. It nice to talk to another person who also hadn't had it. I had lost about 41lbs and gained 10 of it back. I'm really looking forword to having it and maybe losing another 70lbs. then I will be happy. I hope everything went well on your surgery and hope to talk more to you. Your Toga Friend
    Vironica

    ReplyDelete